Visitor Guidelines Effective September 15, 2020:
Louisiana entered Phase 3 of reopening on September 11, 2020. We at Minden Medical Center understand the importance of having loved ones close during a hospital stay and since the Phase 3 announcement Minden Medical Center has made updates to our Visitor Guidelines:
- Inpatient (Med Surg, ICU, Rehab): One (1) visitor to remain in the room. Must be the same visitor during the duration of the day.
- Emergency Department: Upon arrival to the ED, one (1) visitor will be allowed AFTER the ED patient is screened for COVID-19 by the ED staff. After the COVID-19 screening is completed, One (1) visitor will be allowed to stay with the ED patient. If no room is available, the visitor will be asked to wait outside, except for pediatric patients. Visitors will be allowed in the ED waiting room as long as Social Distancing Rule of six apart is adhered to. When patient is called back, visitor will be notified and allowed to be with the ED patient. If patient is admitted, the visitor will be allowed to follow the patient to the assigned patient room and may stay with the patient for one hour while the patient is being settled into their patient room and then the visitor must adhere to the inpatient visitor guidelines.
- Labor & Delivery and Postpartum Patients: One (1) visitor to remain in the room. Must be the same visitor during the duration of the stay. Visitor may stay for the duration of the hospital stay.
- Pediatric Patients: Two (2) visitors to remain in room. Visitors may stay for the duration of the hospital stay.
- Day Surgery: One (1) visitor to remain in room in the Day Surgery Department. When the patient returns from surgery, may remain with the patient until discharge
- Inpatient Surgery: The visitor will be allowed to stay in the assigned patient room. There will be no waiting in the surgery waiting room or the hospital lobby. After the patient returns from surgery, the visitor will be allowed to remain with the patient.
- Behavioral Health Unit: NO visitors
- COVID-19 Positive Patients/Patients Waiting on COVID-19 Test Results: NO Visitors
- Exceptions: End of life or other special circumstances must be cleared through administration before proceeding.
We are looking forward to welcoming visitors and hope this update to our visitor restriction policy ensures peace of mind for loved ones and brings a source of comfort to our patients.
Please note: A patient may not have multiple visitors during the posted visiting hours. The visitor must be the same designated visitor for each visitation day. Visitors can spend the night with their patient if they choose to do so. However, as is usual practice, our front doors will lock at 9 p.m. and not reopen until 6 a.m. the next morning. Visitors will be encouraged to participate in Bedside Shift Report with the patient and nurses to be knowledgeable of the plan of care for the patient. Visitors will be screened upon entrance to the facility and must adhere to the guidelines. ALL visitors must wear a mask.