August 7 Update:
We at Minden Medical Center understand the importance of having loved ones close during a hospital stay. Effective August 7, patients are allowed one (1) visitor per day and only between the hours of 2:00 PM to 8:00 PM. The patient may not have multiple visitors during the posted visiting hours. The visitor must be the same designated visitor for each visitation day. Visitors will be screened upon entrance to the facility and must adhere to the guidelines. ALL visitors must wear a mask. Visitors will be encouraged to participate in Bedside Shift Report with the patient and nurses to be knowledgeable of the plan of care for the patient.
- Inpatient (Med Surg, ICU, Rehab): One (1) visitor to remain in the room with appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment). Must be the same visitor during the duration of the day.
- Behavioral Health Unit: NO visitors.
- Labor and Delivery and Postpartum: One visitor to remain in the room with appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment). Must be the same visitor during the duration of the stay.
- Pediatric Patient Visitors: One (1) visitor to remain in room with appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment). Visitors may alternate between parents. Visitors may stay for the duration of the hospital stay. Meals will be provided for one parent.
- Day Surgery: One (1) visitor to remain in room with appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment) in the Day Surgery Department. When the patient returns from surgery, visitor may remain with the patient until discharge
- Cath Lab Patient: One (1) visitor will be allowed in the waiting room provided social distancing guidelines are followed, and will be allowed to visit the patient before and after the procedure as directed by the Cath Lab Staff. Cath Lab Patients who require an overnight stay, the visitor will be allowed to follow the patient to the patient room (ICU or Second Floor Patient Room). After the patient is settled in the patient room, the visitor may stay with the patient for up to one hour and then the visitor will be asked to follow the visiting times (2:00 PM to 8:00 PM).
- Imaging, Lab and Respiratory Visitors: Due to limited waiting room space and social distancing guidelines, visitors will not be allowed except for special circumstances: patients less than 18 years of age, patients with special needs or mobility concerns and end of life circumstances.
- Inpatient Surgery: The visitor will be allowed to stay in the assigned patient room with appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment). There will be no waiting in the surgery waiting room or the hospital lobby. After the patient returns from surgery, the visitor will be allowed to remain with the patient until 8:00 PM and at this time the visitor will leave the facility at the end of visiting time.
- COVID-19 Positive and Patients Waiting on COVID-19 Test Results: NO visitors
- Emergency Department: Upon arrival to the ED, one (1) visitor will be allowed AFTER the ED patient is screened for COVID-19 by the ED staff. If no room is available, the visitor will be asked to wait outside, except for pediatric patients. When patient is called back, visitor will be notified and allowed to be with the ED patient with appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment). If patient is admitted, the visitor will be allowed to follow the patient to the assigned patient room and may stay with the patient for one (1) hour while the patient is being settled into their patient room and then the visitor must adhere to the inpatient visitor guidelines.
- Exceptions: End of life or other special circumstances will be allowed at times other than the defined visiting times in this policy once cleared through administration.
We are looking forward to welcoming back visitors and hope this update to our visitor restriction policy ensures peace of mind for loved ones and brings a source of comfort to our patients.