History & Accreditations
Minden Medical Center planted its roots in 1926, as a four-story building with only an x-ray department, one operating room, a room for tonsillectomies and adenoidectomies, one delivery room, 80 hospital beds and a strong commitment to quality healthcare.
Today, it has blossomed into a 161-bed acute care hospital serving a population of more than 70,000. It is the only hospital in the southern portion of Webster Parish. More than 1,800 people each month seek emergency care in our emergency facility. Minden Medical Center has more than 500 employees, including our off-site locations, with an annual payroll of approximately $19M.
Minden Medical Center was chosen as one of the 100 Top Hospitals by Thomson Reuters in 2003 and 2009. This hospital award signifies achieved excellence in clinical outcomes, patient safety, patient satisfaction, financial performance and operational efficiency.
Minden Medical Center is also part of a select and distinguished group of hospitals in the United States to be designated as a Community Value 100TM and Community Value Five-StarTM Provider for 2010. This accomplishment provides evidence that they are operating efficiently, charging reasonably, and providing high quality services. In addition, they are reinvesting to continue great care in their community.
Minden Medical Center's Joint Center of Excellence has earned the Gold Seal of Approval TM for healthcare quality from The Joint Commission in 2010. MMC received the Disease-Specific Care Certifications for hip and knee joint replacement. These programs are the first and only one of its kind in Louisiana.
Accreditations & Licensure
- The Joint Commission – November 2008
- The Joint Commission Lab Survey April 2008 – Accreditation
- Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals – Validation Survey December 2008
- Selected as 100 Top Hospital by Thomson Reuters in 2004 and 2010
- Service Health Care Finanacing Administration (HCFA)
- Proficiency Program/American College of Pathologists and American Proficiency Institute
- Louisiana Board of Pharmacy State Narcotics Division - Pharmacy
- FDA Regulated X-Ray/Mammography Department
- American College of Radiology
- Louisiana State Radiation Protection Division
- Federal Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- Louisiana State Radiological Board
- American Society of Radiological Technologist
- Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiner for RRT & CRT Licensing
- ARDMS for RVT's Louisiana State Fire Marshall Office (Health Care Division).